Severe tooth pain? Dislodged tooth? Mouth or jaw trauma?
If you are having a dental emergency,
contact your West Roxbury emergency dentist now at (617) 652-5300.
Many mouth injuries look worse than they are, and sometimes you don’t even need to see a dentist the same day your oral health problem arises. Other dental issues are acute and require immediate attention from your West Roxbury family dentist. Don’t try to self-diagnose. If you’re worried about what’s going on with your teeth or mouth, contact West Roxbury Dental Arts right away to get an expert opinion or make an appointment. We are always available to discuss your oral health emergency and, if necessary, see you quickly.
Do You Have a True Dental Emergency?
There is no right or wrong definition of a dental emergency. If you’re worried about what’s going on with your mouth, then that is a pressing situation for you and deserves attention. To help keep the stress and panic at a minimum, it helps to keep a few things in mind.
- Blood doesn’t mean bad. Teeth and mouth injuries can be terrifying if they’re accompanied by a lot of blood. The mouth is filled with blood vessels and even small injuries can produce what looks like an alarming amount of blood.
- Cosmetic problems can sometimes wait. A broken tooth or chipped veneer can be distressing and annoying, especially because a dental problem like this will affect your appearance. This kind of complication can often wait a day if your schedule doesn’t allow a visit to the dentist. You might be self-conscious in the meantime, but knowing you can wait will help reduce your concern.
- There are different levels of urgency. Every dental problem could be categorized as an emergency, but the level of urgency will vary depending on the situation. This is why it’s important to talk to your dentist right away so you can temper your anxiety if possible.
- Your dentist takes every concern seriously. There is no such thing as a dumb emergency in dentistry. If your West Roxbury emergency dentist isn’t worried, you can relax a little, but we know that if you’re worried you need attention ASAP. Ease your mind with a call to our office and find out the next best steps.
Types of Dental Emergencies
There are some dental emergencies where getting immediate care is an absolute necessity. Here are some of the situations when it’s essential you make an urgent call to your West Roxbury emergency dentist:
- Severe tooth pain
- Dislodged tooth
- Violent mouth or jaw injury
- Debilitating toothache
- Sudden and unrelenting discomfort
- Broken or chipped tooth
- Lost filling or crown
Now, we know some of our patients have a high threshold for pain, or you believe that any dental discomfort will eventually go away on its own. Know this: If you have a tooth problem, it’s not going to disappear and it won’t solve itself. In fact, most dental problems will get worse the longer you wait to take care of them.
Don’t wait for your next dental appointment to address an ongoing oral health issue. The longer you put off a dental problem, the greater the likelihood that your repairs will be lengthy, costly, and more invasive.
Solutions for Emergency Dental Problems
Depending on the type of dental emergency you’re experiencing, the situation could call for any of the following solutions:
- Tooth extraction
- Dental implant
- Root canal therapy
- Periodontal treatment
- Porcelain crown
- Porcelain bridge
In many cases, it will only take your West Roxbury emergency dentist one visit to make your problem go away. In more severe cases, a few dental appointments may be necessary to properly undertake thorough, permanent repairs.
Whatever sort of dental emergency you’re experiencing, we understand that right now you’re worried, upset, and scared. Rest assured, whatever is broken or wrong can be fixed. There is always a dental solution. It may take time to get your teeth in working order and looking beautiful, but there is an effective treatment plan for every oral health emergency.
Contact Dr. Srismitha Modem and her emergency dentist team at West Roxbury Dental Center in West Roxbury to get the attention you need for your dental problem. We focus on patient comfort and care – you will be in gentle hands at our office.
If you are having a dental emergency right now, call us at (617) 652-5300.