Get Dental Check-Ups and Cleanings from Your West Roxbury Dentist
Want to keep your teeth healthy and your smile intact? Want to protect yourself from developing major dental problems? See your West Roxbury dentist every six months for a dental check-up and cleaning.
The Importance of Dental Check-Ups and Cleanings
Dental check-ups and cleanings are important for so many reasons:
- Early detection of problems: You have tooth decay. The cause? A hairline crack in a tooth – something you haven’t seen but your dentist easily detected. Maybe you’re exhibiting early gum disease but haven’t noticed anything awry. Your dentist recognizes the swollen and red gums that are telltale symptoms of this serious oral health problem. You may have signs of oral cancer, a disease that, if caught early, is highly treatable, but only your dentist will recognize it. Having your dentist’s eyes on your mouth at a dental check-up every six months keeps you out of the danger zone, minimizes the likelihood of major dental restorations, and maintains a healthy, pain-free smile.
- Thorough cleaning: You may be diligent about brushing and flossing your teeth every day at home. This is great and your hygienist is likely to compliment you on your technique (your hygienist also knows if you’re lying about flossing regularly). Nevertheless, there is always plaque and tartar left behind that is tough for you to reach; only professional dental tools will eliminate the gunk and give you a clean slate.
- An excellent foundation: Some dental patients are ready to upgrade their teeth into the most beautiful smile they can imagine. These smile makeovers are typically made of cosmetic dentistry treatments. To get to the point where your dentist will hit the green light on these procedures, you need healthy teeth and gums and that happens with regular dental cleanings and check-ups from your West Roxbury dentist.
What a West Roxbury Dental Check-Up Is Like
Dental check-ups and cleanings are basic preventive care. Not everyone is used to this kind of oral health treatment, however, and not knowing what to expect can make the experience even more daunting. Here is what you can expect at a West Roxbury dental check-up:
- Cleaning: Our hygienist will scrape away plaque and tartar, polish teeth, and floss away the rest.
- X-Rays: X-rays are usually indicated once per year to see what’s going on within and below the surface of your teeth.
- Exam: Our dentist will review your x-rays and oral health history, conduct an oral cancer screening, investigate gum recession, and inspect your teeth and gums for any potential problems.
- Recommendations: Not sure which toothpaste is best? In the market for a new electric toothbrush? Want to know more about whitening your teeth? Your hygienist and dentist have all the answers about oral health care products.
- Consultation: Spend time talking to your dentist about your oral health, concerns, and questions about dental restorations, cosmetic dentistry, or orthodontics.
Schedule a Dental Cleaning and Check-Up in West Roxbury
Your teeth are the backbone of your smile. Your teeth are the tools that make it possible for you to bite, chew, and speak properly. Your teeth keep your jaw healthy and maintain the shape of your face. Your oral health is just as important as every other part of your health and wellness.